NAB Charitable Giving Index
"NAB and data analytics firm Quantium reviewed donations made by credit card, BPAY and EFTPOS to develop the index and gain a picture on donations and giving across the nation."
- note this is not a representative sample as direct transfers to charity bank accounts, bequests and cheque donations may not be captured.
February 2013 Summary of findings:
- WA and QLD were the only states to increase their average giving, when comparing against the Jully 2012 data.
- That WA's average of $147 is greater than Queensland ($125), and is up while Victoria has fallen by $25 down from $185 to $160.
July 2012 Summary of findings:
- Growth so far in 2012 is tracking stronger than in the same period last year. Increasing 4.7% y/y, exceeding inflation and up slightly from 4.6% in 2011.
- June is the main period for charitable donations, as donors take advantage of tax concessions. November also exhibits seasonal activity, in support of campaigns such as "Movember" and a stronger motivation for giving ahead of Christmas
- The top 10 suburbs in WA for average spend per person (Aug 2011 - July 2012) are: Mount Claremont, City Beach, Crawley, Cottesloe, Subiaco, Mount Lawley, Mosman Park, Leederville, Floreat and South Perth. The average giving across the 10 suburbs is $145per person, which is smaller than other states.
Copy of Full Index can be found through this link